Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 cup of beans
- 1 piece of kombu seaweed
- 2 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 1 potato
- 1 bunch spinach (about 250g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
- A drizzle of raw apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Soak the fabas between 8 and 12pm. Pull the water and wash.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker for 1 h with the piece of kombu seaweed. Pull Kombu seaweed and set aside.
- Wash the leek, spinach, carrots and peel potatoes.
- Cut the garlic into pieces, leek and sliced carrots, spinach and potatoes to taste a square.
- Saute the garlic in a tablespoon of oil, then add the leeks for 5 minutes with a little salt.
- Add the remaining vegetables and saute a few minutes.
- Add the fabas with cooking liquid and if necessary add more water.
- Add a little more salt, pepper, smoked paprika and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on bgarlic fire between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley and add a splash of vinegar (optional).
This dish can be served with a little salad dressed with lemon juice to enhance iron absorption.
Energy: 965 kcal (241.25 / R)
Protein: 55g (13,75g / R)
Carbohydrates: 121g (30.25 / R)
Fat: 30g (7.5g / R)
Calcium: 664mg (166mg / R – 23.7% CDR)
Iron: 26mg (6,5mg / R – CDR 81% male / 46% female CDR)
Zinc: 7mg (1,75mg / R – CDR 17.5% male / 22% female CDR)
cs = tablespoon